Do you enjoy working in a professional technology services based environment, where you specify and deliver leading edge solutions to your customers? If so, then joining our Solutions team as an Account Manager or Key Account Manager could be the ideal opportunity for you to progress your career.
Continued growth in the outsourced IT sector has created another great opportunity to join our Solutions team. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for understanding, anticipating and delivering the IT strategy for our varied customer base.
You will quickly need to gain knowledge of our products and services and an understanding of how our customers can benefit from the leading edge solutions we deliver.
Our successful and growing business is fortunate to work across a wide range of sectors. Our team operates in a fast-paced environment, managing the high expectations and requests of our many customers every day and it is therefore likely that you will have experience of account management or a service delivery role in the IT sector.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following range of activities:
- Manage existing and potential customer relationships
- Call all of your account contacts regularly, to maintain a high level of communication to ensure the best customer service
- Provide leading-edge IT proposals following customer requests and manage your opportunities pipeline from specification to delivery
- Schedule and chair meetings for our existing customers to report on performance, gain feedback and build an understanding of their current and future IT needs in order to provide a strategy for their business
- Plan, schedule and attend networking events for current and potential customers in order to build relationships and promote company products and services
- Seek out potential customers using a variety of methods, schedule and chair meetings to build an understanding of their current and future IT needs in order to provide a strategy for their business
- Cross-sell our other established services to our existing customer base
- Work closely with the department manager to make sure all department and personal KPIs are achieved
Skills & Qualities
It is anticipated that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and listening skills, professional telephone manner, as well and good written and confident presentation skills
- A genuine tenacity for sales, commercial awareness, account management and customer service
- Flexible, reliable and can-do approach
- Promote our existing services to our established customer base and manage new customer relationships
- Ability to build relationships with fellow team members, as well as existing and potential customers
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiasm for technology, prior technical knowledge, the ability to adapt and learn, as well as progress own knowledge
- Smart personal appearance, full clean driving licence and willingness to travel
All successful candidates will benefit from the following:
- Salary range £25,000-£35,000
- 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays, in years 1 - 3, increasing to 33 days thereafter
- 4% company contributory pension
- 50% subsidy towards Bannatyne’s gym membership
- 2 weeks paid parental leave
- New employee referral scheme bonus
- Bonus potential after 6 months
- Private medical insurance after 1 year
- Group life cover of 4 x annual salary after 1 year
- Buy up to four weeks additional holiday after 3 years
- Long service bonuses after 5 years
Back to the careers page.
Sign up to our newsletter
The latest insights, articles, and resources direct to your inbox.