IT Support Technician Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience across all aspects of IT support whilst studying for a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard. The programme gives you the chance to gain hands on experience and learn a variety of technical skills, whilst focusing on how to provide an effective IT support service.
Our training provider delivers the apprenticeship programme on a blended model of one-to-one sessions, every 4 weeks via group sessions, webinars, online courses, videos, and offers additional support as required. This means that you will have the guidance you need as well as the flexibility to learn around the requirements of your role with Computer Service Centre.
Alongside your apprenticeship studies, you will be responsible for raising cases from emails received in the department and from our proactive monitoring system. You will be assisting technicians and engineers with technical support by communicating with clients by telephone and email. Additional duties will include creating and updating knowledge-based articles to share key information with the company, as well as completing general administrative tasks.
Skills learned include:
- Dealing with colleagues and customers
- Operate securely across platform
- Add mobile devices to networks
- Analyse and communicate data
- Apply structured techniques to problems
- Optimise the performance of hardware, software, and networks
- Manage workflow
To support your knowledge our training provider also delivers the following training courses alongside the apprenticeship:
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials `
- Cisco Networking Essentials
Resources for this standard include hundreds of hours of selected video content through LinkedIn Learning and Cisco Network Academy and online courses with supporting materials.
- Good communication skills and good team player
- An interest in IT and technology in general
- An ability to learn new skills as required
- Flexibility with an enthusiastic approach to your work
- A 'can do’ do attitude is essential!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and applications
Qualifications & Grades:
- GCSE Information Technology grade C or above
- GCSE English grade C or above
- GCSE Maths grade C or above
Other useful skills but not required:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+)
- CompTIA A+
- Computer or IT-based degree
- Understanding of IP-based networks
- Knowledge of firewalls and IPSEC tunnels
- A full clean driving license
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range £14,000 - £18,000
- 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays, in years 1 - 3, increasing to 33 days thereafter
- 4% company contributory pension
- 50% subsidy towards Bannatyne’s gym membership
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- New employee referral scheme bonus
- Private medical insurance after 1 year
- Group life cover of 4 x annual salary after 1 year
- Buy up to four weeks additional holiday after 3 years
- Long service bonuses after 5 years
Apprenticeship Expected duration
- 13 Months
Back to the careers page.
Sign up to our newsletter
The latest insights, articles, and resources direct to your inbox.