The coronavirus crisis is putting organisations of all kinds under huge pressure. Here at Computer Service Centre, we are regularly asked questions about telephony, and the options for maintaining solid communication channels with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
We’ve partnered with a leading telecoms vendor to develop a cloud telephony platform that offers a feature-rich solution for any type of business, in any industry. It’s hosted on our own Nutanix HCI platform within our datacentre in Norwich, which offers excellent reliability (99.999% uptime), formidable data security and near-instant disaster recovery.
Cloud telephony uses VOIP (voice over IP) and a ‘dedicated virtual telephone system’ to handle all your calls, internal and external, with all the exchange features you’ll ever need. The system is easy to integrate with your email, messaging, calendar, CRM and much more, and also supports remote working as standard. On top of that, it often delivers significant cost savings too.
Our cloud telephony platform offers pretty much every feature you could wish for, plus a host of new capabilities that will transform the way you work. Here are just a few:
- Call on any device – handset, headset, desktop, laptop or mobile device (using free Android/iOS apps). You can switch over to mobile connectivity (3G/4G/5G) as a backup if you lose internet access or power at your site
- Unlimited minutes to local, national and UK mobile numbers
- Comprehensive exchange functions as standard – call transfers, call forwarding, call parking/pickup, auto attendant (‘Press 1 for…’), music on hold, hunt groups, intercom/paging, company directory and more
- Offer callers a call back option if they’re in a queue
- Monitor incoming calls and manage your switchboard on-screen
- Integrate your existing CRM so you can launch calls with a click. Inbound calls can be linked to customer records. The system integrates with most CRM systems
- Full voicemail capability, including transcription and forward to email
- Collaborate with built-in one-click web conferencing (voice and video), including screen sharing, pre-uploaded presentations and more
- Instantly check colleagues’ presence and current status, preventing unnecessary call transfers and making it easy to collaborate internally
- Easily connect multiple offices, remote workers or travelling salespeople, or support hot-desking
- Automatically record and store all calls and voicemails, with all data held at our secure datacentre. The call system is PCI DSS compliant and allows for recording to be paused whilst payment details are being taken over the phone
- Sharpen up performance with real-time reports on call numbers by extension, call duration, waiting times, missed calls, abandoned calls and more.
Robust disaster recovery
With a telephone system installed in-house, you take on all responsibility for your own infrastructure, data backup and business continuity. If the system goes down, so do your phones – and nobody can call in or out until it’s up and running again.
With cloud telephony, all those worries disappear. Your phone system runs on a dedicated virtual machine hosted on our Nutanix HCI infrastructure, which is specially designed to bounce back from disaster with minimum downtime and data loss. Nutanix HCI stores a daily ‘snapshot’ of all your data, including all your call recordings and custom configurations. If your system fails, we simply restore the last usable snapshot and you’re back on the road within moments.
If this sounds like the phone system you’ve been waiting for, just get in touch and one of our team members will be happy to talk you through it in more detail.
You can call us on 01603 431200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article: